Your in depth Wedding Checklist : After you announce your engagement
- Sit down with your families and discuss everything from themes and colours, the number of guests, the budget and establish who pays for what.
- Start looking for venues early and book as early as possible – including catering if needed.
- Decide on a honeymoon destination and book early to save costs.
- Decide whether you want to get married in a Church or Chapel. Find out what your Pastor or Priest requires and if they will marry you outside of the Church, if needed.
- Get quotes for photographers and videographers as they get booked out early.
- Look around for your dress – if you see something you love and it is on sale, rather buy it early than run the chance of not getting it. Start setting your in depth wedding checklist. https://www.facebook.com/weddingplanningbyestee
Six months to go to your wedding
- Ensure you order your wedding dress. https://weddingconnexion.co.za/branch/
- Start getting quotes for the cake.
- Choose and order your brides maids and groomsmen’s outfits.
- Book hotel rooms for yourself and family if needed.
- Look around for invites that you like and get quotes.
- Get quotes for décor and flowers.
- Book makeup artist – this may seem early but the good ones are usually booked, as well as hair if you need a mobile hairdresser.
Four months to go to your wedding
- Order wedding invitations.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Book décor and flower companies and pay deposits.
- Book a limousine or arrange other transportation.
Three months to go to your wedding
- Send out your wedding invitations.
- Make sure all required documentation (religious, legal, visas) have been completed and sent in.
- Choose your wedding rings.
- Meet with your lawyer to do the wedding contracts
Two months to go to your wedding
- Consult with the florist and the caterers and anyone else providing you with a service for your wedding.
- Do hair and Make-up trail.
One month to go to your wedding
- Finalise your wedding accessories, such as bridal gown, jewellery, shoes etc.
- Confirm hotel bookings for the wedding night, and the honeymoon.
- Ensure priest or marriage officer is organizing the marriage license otherwise you will need to organise this.
- Finalise seating arrangements.
- Confirm all your bookings and arrangements with all the providers. Make sure they all have the correct delivery addresses and times
One week to go to your wedding
- Confirm final head count and seating arrangements with caterer or venue
- Meet with your photographer – give them a list of photographs you would like to be taken
- Meet with DJ with song requirements
The Day before your Wedding
- Hand the wedding rings to the care of the best man.
- Relax and have a good night’s sleep